Managing and Protecting your Property
Property Management is our core business. That means taking care of owners, tenants, and homes is our highest priority. Fortunately, we're well equipped to do it, with a highly experienced and qualified staff of professional property managers and agents to handle your needs. Our company has been managing property on the Monterey Peninsula for 60 years, and despite our size and significant market share, we still take great efforts to deliver a personal and individually tailored service to every owner. We currently manage over 400 properties in Carmel, Carmel Valley, Pebble Beach, Carmel Highlands, Pacific Grove, and Monterey.
With a staff of experienced leasing agents, a full-time handyman, a maintenance department and a top-notch accounting team, we are well equipped to handle all aspects managing and protecting your property.
We currently manage a mix of properties including long-term residential properties managed full-time, long-term tenant procurement (where we handle everything up to and including handing the keys over to the tenant and then you take over), multi-unit condominium complexes, vacation rental homes and commercial buildings.
While we are experts in real estate sales and vacation rentals, long term property management is our specialty. Why should you choose San Carlos Agency to manage your long term rental home?
- Experience. San Carlos Agency has been involved in property management for over 60 years. We know the local rental markets intimately and we know the rules regarding renting properties from the California Civil Code to the local county and city laws. We know how to screen applicants to find the best tenants for your home.
- Reputation. As a third generation family owned and operated business with deep roots to Carmel by the Sea, San Carlos Agency has a strong reputation for providing quality service to our owners and tenants. We pride ourselves on being honest and fair in all of our dealings. Our exceptional service leads to repeat and referral business, both from tenants and owners.
- Inventory. We have the largest inventory of rental homes in Carmel and the surrounding areas. Whether in person or online, when people are looking for a rental home in this area, they come to us first.
- Infrastructure. Our office is fully staffed to handle the challenges of property management. We have Long Term rental agents who are experts in their respective fields. We have an Accounting Department that handles all of the financial aspects of your property from rental income to security deposits to utility bills to 1099’s and more with incredible accuracy and detailed monthly statements. We have a Maintenance Operations Department with a full time handyman and a strong relationship with the area’s top service vendors to handle any problems that may arise with your home. Our office is open seven days a week and we have an agent on call 24/7 to handle after hours emergencies.
- Location. We are a local business. Located near the Barnyard in Carmel, we are within a short drive to all of our rental properties.
- High Occupancy Rate. All of our homes are booked almost year round. Our knowledge of the rental market helps us set rental rates to maximize your income and minimize vacancy time. Our top ranked website and online marketing bring in the most qualified applicants for your property.
There is a lot involved with renting a home. You have better things to do with your time and just wish to receive the income. This is where we come in.
What services do we provide with our full time property management?
- Marketing. We photograph and market your property online and in our office. We are open seven days a week to set up and handle showings.
- Screening. We have a thorough application and screening process. We make sure to get quality tenants into our homes to make our owners happy and our job easier.
- Paperwork. We prepare leases, addendums and legal disclosures, collect security deposits (two month’s worth), collect rent, inspect the home, and maintain a property and maintenance file with all paperwork.
- Accounting. We pay maintenance charges from the rent, pay owners via electronic deposit or paper check, mail or email monthly and year end statements, and provide 1099s. Most importantly, we do it accurately.
- Maintenance. We handle maintenance items that come up with your approval. We have an agent available 24/7 to handle after hours emergencies. We do not mark up maintenance bills. We use our handyman when possible to minimize owner expenses.
- Evictions and Collections. Should the situation arise, we handle all proceedings (except attorney fees).
- Move Outs. We handle inspections, cleanings, repairs and settlement of security deposits all in accordance with California Civil Code.
For those owners who like to have an active role in their property management, we also have a “Tenant Procurement Service” at a reduced fee where we do everything through move in and then the owner takes over management.
Contact our leasing agents today at 831-624-3901 to discuss your property and its income potential!
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.